--> Rebuilding a Bigger and Better BDSM Online Community | BDSM Unveiled

As you all know, so many pages containing BDSM and Adult content were suspended or deleted by FB this past week. While we are fighting to retain the right to be represented on various social media sites, we should also take the time to rebuild a bigger, stronger, and closer nit community.




There are many petty feuds between people and groups because of differing opinions or just personality clashes. Let's all try to put those aside and come together as a real online community of BDSM practitioners to combat those that are trying to dictate their beliefs on how the world should be run and what morals are right. As intelligent and rational adults, I believe we have the right to make that choice ourselves.


Yes, I realize many of you might think my enthusiasm or passion for trying to combat this censorship of Adult Content on the social media sites is futile, maybe even laughable. You may laugh. You may not agree with me at all. Because of my belief in and love for this Lifestyle and being a 24/7 slave to my Padrone, it has become my mission in life to help guide those new to the scene find their own path and way of practicing a BDSM relationship. I can not begin to tell you what a nightmare my life was and how lost I had become before meeting and submitting to Padrone. I truly believe it saved my sanity and my true personality.


BDSM International's appeal was denied and the original page is set to be deleted. So, I made a new page called BDSM International 2.0. I am looking at this as an opportunity to begin anew. We had over 35,200 when FB shut us down, but many of them were not active at all on the site. I am hoping that the new followers will be comprised of a larger, more interactive group so that we can debate, trade ideas, and learn together in a safe environment.


So, if you are thinking of rebuilding your page, think of it as not only a protest against FB in the fact that we just keep rebuilding and refuse to give up our presence on social media sites, but an opportunity to gain a closer, more interactive audience and the grass roots of rebuilding a stronger community.









Post title: " Rebuilding a Bigger and Better BDSM Online Community "
Red line

6 comments :

  1. What's wrong with FetLife as a BDSM community and social network site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *points to the comment above* I tried fetlife for community. The moment I posted anything, I got hoards of men sending me messages to 'meet them in the graveyard and call them daddy'. Rude messages demanding I submit to total strangers, and not one ounce of real community. Fetlife is more a hook up page, than a real community. (Personally speaking, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll find that that's the case in any sexually related free site, especially BDSM themed ones. If there's no "minimum bar" of entry, whether it's a moderator imposing rules, or a financial cost of entrance, then there's no hurdle for the jerks to overcome in ... well, being jerks. Once the site becomes popular, that's what you get.

      Before FL became heavily popular, Collarme was the "where all the jerks are, that send rude messages to the girls expecting instant submission, etc.". Some of FL's early communities were even making fun of all of that happening on Collarme, and how it would never come to FL. And, then, as soon as FL got popular, all of those jerks jumped ship to FL.

      Anything new, that gets popular, and doesn't have a minimum cost of entry (where cost might be money, or it might be the effort put into reasonable behavior) will end up like that. It's not FL specifically that is the problem.


      Also ... I find it kind or hard to think of FL as a hook-up site. If anything, FL's design makes it very difficult to meet people. For example, unlike Collarme (which IS an actual personals site, with a forum on the side), there's no way to search for people who meet criteria A, B, and C. The thing you CAN do for finding people is find a key (city or exact fetish) and then page through everyone (in no particular order). You can't select for gender, role, age, relationship-status, etc. Nor can you search based on "distance from me", etc.

      I'm not saying FL should have those things, I'm saying that not having those things makes it hard (for me) think of FL as a hook-up site. Bondage.com, Collarme.com, and alt.com are definitely for the hook-ups, and all 3 also make "community" a secondary aspect of the site. FL is the opposite, in that regard (making community first, and using the site hookups a much harder prospect).

      Delete
  3. Fetlife is a site that is solely devoted to kinky peeps and their chosen lifestyle (not just bdsm). FB offers vanilla people trying to learn more about BDSM a less scary way to do that because the pics and info on Fetlife are so graphic and out there that it scares away a lot of new people. Now for those of us that are already in the lifestyle, FB offers a one stop shop, where we can practice our kink in a mild form, discuss issues and just talk about general stuff with others that don't judge us. It also has many other pages that offer non kink or bdsm things to browse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My initial question was based on a misunderstanding... when you said "a new page", I thought you meant a new site (comparable to alt.com, bondage.com, or collarme.com). Not merely a new FB community.

      I had a MUCH longer post about this being a game of whack-a-mole, and the morality of trying to force someone else to let them use their house for your purposes... but blogger/blogspot ate it. So, I might try to re-write it later, but I might not.

      Delete
  4. I recently had an issue with g+...found out the hardway...they have people on their luring subs away to "save" them....my girl got sucked in...bad enough they convinced her to buy a bus ticket....when she backed out...they forwarded all her info to the rcmp and got her commited under the mental health act as a danger to herself..
    and we are married.she is my slavewife..
    now I have many legal issues thanks to them...so be very careful who you chat with

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive
Translate

Website developed and optimized by Marco Belcastro Bara
Powered by Blogger.com

2012- All rights reserved Protected by Copyscape

All articles-posts are Copyrighted BDSM Unveiled. Original BDSM Lifestyle Content - BDSM Relationships and may not be reproduced on other websites without permission

All logos, trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners and used here for identification purposes only

Some photos that appear on this site might be copyrighted by their respective owners.

If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear here please contact us and the images will be promptly removed. Thanks!