--> Humiliation in BDSM | BDSM Unveiled

Although we don't talk much about it, Humiliation in the BDSM world is a normal and widely used tool Dominants use as psychological play with their submissives, although it is a powerful but often misunderstood aspect the BDSM Lifestyle.

Humiliation in BDSM

Humiliation is defined as a consensual psychological act in order to produce erotic excitement or sexual arousal. This can be for the person being humiliated and demeaned or for the person humiliating, or for some spectator. Because different people have different emotional triggers, the range of activities involved in humiliation play is huge, and what one person finds embarrassing another person might not react at all to.

Humiliation can be used as a training tool, punishment or in a playful way, depending on how the dominant decides to utilize it. The first rule of humiliation should be the cooperation of the submissive. Just as every Dominant is not the same, neither are submissives. Make sure that humiliation play/punishment/training is not on the submissive's Hard Limit's List.

Humiliation can be in the forms of verbal, mental, or physical. At its core erotic humiliation is about using embarrassment, fear and shame. It’s also important to note that humiliation and dominance are not exactly the same thing. Humiliation doesn’t always involve being ordered about. Strict humiliation without dominance is when words and actions are used to belittle not to dominate.

Verbal humiliation can mean the use of words like slut or whore; being mocked, ridiculed or have appearance belittled; asking permission to eat, to go to the bathroom or to have an orgasm; not allowing sub to leave the dungeon or house; treated like a pet or an object; being treated or scolded like a child; made to use honorifics such as Master, Mistress, Sir, Ma’am or Daddy.

                                                Physical humiliation in BDSM

Physical aspects of humiliation can be; being slapped or spanked; having movements restricted; orgasm denial or orgasm on demand; sexual denial by command or use of chastity device; enforced dress code (i.e.: forced cross dressing) or required to wear nothing; deprival of privacy such as being watched using the toilet; requiring to wear collar; performing acts of body worship; performing tasks or acts of service; public humiliation; being used as furniture; being ejaculated on or spit on; used as a human toilet; cuckolding; performing sexual acts without reciprocation. 


Extreme Humiliaiton in BDSM

Extreme humiliation is called degradation. It can involve a wide range of activities, such as human toilet play. The boundary between degradation and humiliation is unclear. It has been suggested that degradation can have a more long-lasting negative affect on a victim’s mind than humiliation, and so it is often beyond people’s limits of what is acceptable.

To a large extent, what is humiliating or degrading is quite individual and varies a lot from person to person. Animal play is seen by some as degrading, but people into pup play would totally disagree. The same goes for age play, exhibitionism, crossdressing, servitude and pretty much everything else on the list. One person’s “humiliating” is not necessarily another’s.

Humiliation play can be taken to a point where it becomes emotionally or psychologically distressing to one or the other partner, especially if it is public humiliation. Erotic humiliation can become extreme enough to be considered a form of edgeplay.

It’s important to understand that erotic humiliation and degradation is based firmly on consent. If there is no consent then it is abusive. This doesn’t have to be consent given in that exact moment, it could be an agreement between partners of Consensual Non-Consent. But it HAS to be there.

Whatever your thoughts on Humiliation, just ensure there is total consent and understanding from your partner before embarking on this as a form of play, punishment, or training.

If you have any thoughts or comments you would like to share on the subject, leave them below. 


4 comments :

  1. I got that you were expressing humiliation as arousing to you, but I didn't quite understand the place of degradation. Obviously, consent is essential, but do you think downright degradation ever has a place in sexuality?

    I was just checking out the other sex bloggers at Kinkly.com’s Sex Blogging Contest. Yours I found fascinating, and I voted for it.

    Here’s mine, just in case you wanted to check it out :) Less kink, but still plenty of think.
    https://www.kinkly.com/top-sex-bloggers/sexylittleideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case, humilliation is a big source of pleasure, just like when you got something you desperately need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time my master will humiliate me is when I been a very bad sub and he does this by inviting other doms to come punish me or watch a punishment in session. Last time he had 4 of them over to watch and participated in the punishment. Master knows i do not like to be expose to other men- he is the only master i ever had. I'm 26 and he is 37 and he being my master for 7 years.
    When he had the the other Dom over he takes suggestion from them . Last time I had wen balls and a bullet vibrator inserted to my different holes and hand spank by each Dom for 15 min each and not allow to cum. Once that is done he removes the bullet vibrator from my butt hole and wen balls from my pussy, he orders me on all four, with my head touching the flour and my legs spread as much as possible and then each takes turn duing as they please with my pussy and butt. None are allow to fuck me. Only my master is and I'm not allow to cum during this whole process. If i cum then I get another spannink session but with the paddle- which I did. I know I need to work on controlling my orgasm when my master tells me to hold them. My pleassure belongs to him only. The most humiliating part thought is when Each of this doms cums in my mouth. I always get so arouse by this process but feel so dirty for feeling this way.
    The session always end with me being tied to a table and having my body use by my master. And yes before anyone says anything. Anything my master does to me has full consent .

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Website developed and optimized by Marco Belcastro Bara
Powered by Blogger.com

2012- All rights reserved Protected by Copyscape

All articles-posts are Copyrighted BDSM Unveiled. Original BDSM Lifestyle Content - BDSM Relationships and may not be reproduced on other websites without permission

All logos, trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners and used here for identification purposes only

Some photos that appear on this site might be copyrighted by their respective owners.

If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear here please contact us and the images will be promptly removed. Thanks!